Re: First Start

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: First Start
From: "James A. Ruffner" <erl@virginia.edu>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 13:47:18 -0500
Cc: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>, Triumph Newsletter <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Justin Paxton <justin@bexel.com>
I've not commented on this, since there have been a number of good replies.
However, it is also central that during the reassembly, that the bearings have
thin coats of lithium disulphide placed on the journal/bearing surfaces.  This
stuff clings extremely well to the surfaces during the initial cranking.
Then, as said by a number of folks, remove the plugs and crank until you see
the oil pressure gauge show pressure.  Then you may replace the plugs as fire
her up!

Cheers.