First Start

To: Justin Paxton <justin@Bexel.com>
Subject: First Start
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 19:21:00 -0500
Cc: Triumph Newsletter <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Justin Paxton
>Any advice.  Motor is fully rebuilt with new pistons and sleeves, cam, the
fully Monty.  Someone said, pour oil in it and turn it over by hand a few
times.  This seems like an awful lot of work when I have a perfectly good
starter.  Someone else said, pull the plugs and put some oil in there,
although I thought that would foul the plugs right off the bat.  The engine
has been sitting after its rebuild about 2 1/2 months.
What does the collective wisdom have to say about popping this baby's
cherry?
<

What I like to do is pull the plugs, fill the crank case and turn the
engine with the starter until I get oil pressure.  Then I continue to turn
for a few more minutes to make sure the whole oil system is primed.  Then
go for it.

Dave