GT6

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, 6 list <6pack-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6
From: Bob Greene <rgreene@whoi.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 12:12:14 -0500
Hi & Happy holidays to all:
        I got a line on a GT6. I plan to go this weekend to view/purchase. I
have been a longtime owner of many Triumphs (Tr4's, Tr6's & Spitfires)
But I never owner a GT6.
        It is a 1973 model year. The owner say's it has had the following works
done on it from when he purchased it 1984, until he parked it in 1994.
        New wiring harness, new carpets, paint job. Replaced the 73 motor with
a 72 motor that he had 600.00 of machine work done. I can also have the
original 73 motor along with the engine stand it is now on.
        It has been stored since 94 and now the brakes are frozen. He also
mentioned that the guy that installed the replacement motor also had to
put a longer slave cyl. push rod? Do I see a clutch in the future?
        I do not know if it has OD and wire wheels. But I'm hoping/dreaming.
        My questions to the list are:
1. Is there typical area's of concern like on the Tr6 (Frame rot at
trailing arms ect, ect) that I should be aware of.
2. Are parts available?
3: What is it worth?
4: There must be parts from a Spit & a TR6 that are the same?
        Love too hear from the GT6 experts!
        Thanks
        Bob Greene
76 TR6
73 Spitfire
Maybe a 73 GT6?

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
rgreene.vcf]