RE: Wire Wheel Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Wire Wheel Question
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 10:31:44 -0700 u >
Richard :

You _must_ either shorten the studs or use a spacer when you install the
wire wheels.  Otherwise, the ends of the studs will foul the inside of the
wheel, preventing it from seating properly and possibly causing it to come
loose (voice of experience).

However, many people have reported good luck with a 1/4" spacer, it will not
cause any clearance problems with stock rims and tires.  Another advantage
is that you can keep the wires 'for show' and the disc wheels for everyday
driving (if you're so inclined).

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver