Speedos and Tachs, Part II

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Speedos and Tachs, Part II
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 11:02:50 -0700 (PDT)
You might recall my asking if TR4 guages would work in a TR-6.

While digging through the parts bin . . . I found what looks like an early TR-6
Speedometer.  However it has a Chrome bezel on it.

Could it be from a TR250?  Can any one Identify it?

http://i18.yimg.com/18/cd01e4e6/h/91c04a5d/250+speedo.jpg

I've got a couple of TR250 parts around but don't know the peculiarities of
that TR.

I was all psyched when I found it cause the VA state police put one of those
road side "THIS IS YOUR SPEED" trailers less than a mile from my house.
Unfortunately that speedo has got a bad case of the jerks, and all the TR-4
Speedos that I have have been tampered with so much that none of them seem to
work worth a damn either.

Oh well . . at least they will fill the hole in the dash while I send the
originals out for repair.

By the way . . the TR-4 tachometer has a different connection at the rear than
the TR-6. . . so the cable won't fit.  I guess I'll see if a TR-4 tach cable
will connect to a TR-6 distributor.

TIA
Scott