RE: PETER - Re: TR3 seat springs

To: "'Dan Buettner'" <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Subject: RE: PETER - Re: TR3 seat springs
From: "Arakelian, Peter" <arakelianp@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 09:10:50 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I believe Vandervell, or what's left of them, requires at least a 250 set
minimum run.  That is a huge quantity and I don't think there is a realistic
demand for that many which will probably be at a much higher cost than
current bearings.
I won't get into bearing metal technology, but I think most bearing failure
is due not to the composition but to other factors.
Peter Arakelian - ' 71 TR6 Daily Driver
Domestic Buyer
Moss Motors, Ltd.
(805) 681-3400 x3214
(805) 692-2510 - Fax

>If you guys can have a run made up and advertise it I bet people in the
>know would line up with shopping carts.  You would probably see service
>shops stocking up.  I would pick up several sets myself for future use.

Count me in for a couple of sets!  Everything I've heard about
Vandervell bearings has been great.

Dan Buettner