Switched power for fan

To: <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Switched power for fan
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 12:19:34 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
When I put my fan system in, I first wired it to be powered all the time, so
that it could continue to cool the engine as suggested.  I wasn't happy with
it that way.  It stayed for a very long time and ran down the battery quite
a bit, since the fan draws 8 amps.  Part of the reason is the hysteresis in
the thermostat -- it turns on at one temperature and turns off at a lower
temperature.  (I used one from VicBrit with separate thermostat.)   I now
have it going off with the ignition switch, and like it much better.  I
probably should have put a relay in, and plan to add that soon.  It's been
no problem for 2 - 3 years.

Sumner Weisman