tr3 early vs. later starter

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: tr3 early vs. later starter
From: richard triplett <rtriplett25@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 11:44:52 -0700 (PDT)
I just got through with a small milestone in my
TS42099 restoration: I now have the car in my
driveway! I successfully picked up the body from dad
and drove 500 miles back with it on a trailer. The
engine was left behind to finish rebuilding.

Quick question regarding starters. We had 3
transmissions to pick through, and the one that looks
best is an early transmission, with the bellhousing
shaped to accomodate the long-nose starters. The bolt
holes appear to be similiar for both models of
starters, so I got to wondering if I can put the later
(and considerably cheaper) starter on this
transmission. Any ideas?

Ah, you can see latest pics at
http://www.soggycat.com/aprilupdate.htm .

Now that I have the car in my possession, don't be
surprised if you get more questions from me. Hope I
don't become too annoying. :)

Richard Jr.
59 TR3, TS42099, in pieces.
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/