TR6 Ignition Shear bolts info needed

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Ignition Shear bolts info needed
From: "Eric Conrad" <conrade@qwest.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 09:03:51 -0600
Funny story, aren't they all?  I'm reinstalling my steering column on my '76
TR6.  The shaft is in place, and I'm now ready to bolt up the steering lock
ignition switch.  This switch originally used shear bolts - which are a bear
to remove once the car is back together.  I figured I would use a regular
5/16ths bolt in place of these shear bolts.  However, the thread doesn't
appear to be either a UNF thread, or a coarse thread for a 5/16ths bolt.
What I haven't done is count the threads yet, but it seems to be somewhere
in between coarse and fine.

Before I order new shear bolts, which I'd rather not do, would anyone have
the bolt specs for these bolts: i.e. thread count, type of thread, ....
Again, I'd like to use a regular hex head bolt, with the correct thread.

Could they be metric?