TR6 Carb Problem?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Carb Problem?
From: "Jeff Slaton" <slatonj@vci.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 17:13:39 -0500
Gang
I have isolated the thermostat problem and repaired it.  As everyone
expected it was not the thermostate.  However, I have located another
problem that I can't seem to figure out.  I actually had this problem before
I had the leaky hose thing.

While I was driving the 6 about a month ago I was blowing throught the
country side late at night and suddenly the car died.  It acted as if it
were starving for fuel.  It would start and then fall on its face when I
pushed the gas pedel down.  I could drive only about 100 yards before it
would quit.  Restart and then another 100 yards.  I managed to get back home
but not with out putting wear on my starter.

I rebuilt the carbs about 300 miles ago as with the fuel pump, and replaced
all the hoses both fluid ones and emission hoses.  My car is a 74 after all.

My question...  Could it be vapor locking?  How do I determine the problem?
Could I have the carbs poorly adjusted?  I have driven it 300 miles or so
since rebuilding them.  advise needed please..  Jeff