RE: TR6 Carb Problem?

To: "'Jeff Slaton'" <slatonj@vci.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 Carb Problem?
From: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:28:38 -0400
Jeff-
        This does sound like fuel starvation.  Have you replaced all the
fuel filters? ( again?)
        As a diagnostic, how 'bout putting a small pressure gauge ( ie 0-10
psi) at the carb fuel   intake,  and see what it says the next time the car
gags...
        Remote chance:  I do not know how the evaporative control system is
set up in your car,
        but is there any chance at all that the fuel tank is seeing a
partial vacuum as the gas is    being drawn out?  Strangely enough, last
weekend a buddy and I got stranded in his boat, as      he had forgotten to
open the fuel vent on the tank, and the brand new Honda outboard ( big  'un)
sucked out as much fuel as the pump could draw, and then stopped completely.
Collapsed the tank severely!
        Good Luck
        Bob Westerdale
        59 3A   TS36967