Re: TR6 Carb Problem?

To: "Jeff Slaton" <slatonj@vci.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Carb Problem?
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 22:25:22 -0400
Jeff:

Before you go nuts on the fuel system, check the ignition condenser. My
Tiger did the exact thing you describe. The engine would die after it
warmed up. Turns out the brand new condenser was defective-once it got hot,
the spark went away.(I checked by opening the points with the key on- no
spark)
 Let the car sit and cool, it would run fine.
Also, how old is your coil? Those things aren't immortal and can wear out.

Paul Burr