Thrust Washers

To: "Bob Rochlin" <rochlin@massed.net>
Subject: Thrust Washers
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 09:09:54 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Bob Rochlin"
>    I got a crude measurement on my end float.  It was about 1/32 of an
inch.
Don't think my thrust washers are in the oil pan but they do need
attention.
Are any sources for thrust washers better then any other?  I looked at a
web
site article who's author makes thrust washers out of bronze material.  Any
advantage?
    Lastly is there anything I should look out for while doing the work?
Any
help appreciated.
<

Bob, while you're in there why not replace all the crank bearings and the
oil pump.  It will buy you another 30,000 to 50,000 miles before you have
to tear down.  And as much as some of us drive these cars that's a
lifetime.

Dave