Found In Oil Pan

To: "Don Clark" <d@seanet.com>
Subject: Found In Oil Pan
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 09:09:55 -0400
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Don Clark"
>The screw is about 1/4" long, it is a 10-28 size with a Phillips oval
head.
There are only five threads on the screw, and it doesn't appear that it has
broken off. It also appears to not have hit much on it's way down to the
oilpan as there are no nicks or scrapes on it.
<

There's always the possibility that someone dropped a screw in the rocker
cover at some point which found its way down past the canshaft.  (I don't
recall any 10-28 screws used inside the engine but it's been years since I
have been into an engine)

Speaking of items found in an oil pan, I took apart a TR7 engine a few
years back.  The TR7 uses a flexible cable as a dipstick with a stiff end
and handle.  I found the flexible portion of another dipstick in the oil
pan, all curled up.  It appearently broke off and rather than do something
about it the PO list bought another dipstick and pushed the old one "under
the rug."

Dave