Re: Clutch parts

To: "Triumphs@autox. team. net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch parts
From: Jeff Johnson <mondolux@speakeasy.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 23:07:00 -0400
RAL;

TRF requires that the additional components you listed be replaced in order
to receive a warranty on the 'magic clutch' . There is a reason for their
recommendation.  If you are not sure of the age and wear on your cross
shaft, bushes, etc., it would be a false economy not to replace them. I
just took the cross shaft bushes out of my trans and they were shot. Did
the pins in the fork have flat spots? You betcha. This with 55,000 mile on
the odometer.  Oh, and get a new pilot bush also. Anything you can do now
when you have the trans out of the car is the way to go. You really don't
want to re-do the job in a few thousand miles because you didn't want to
spend an extra few quid now.  Just MHO.

Jeff Johnson