RE: m.p.g.

To: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Subject: RE: m.p.g.
From: Marshall <mkatzhope@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 18:18:06 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
--- Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM> wrote:

> Common problem points :
> External fuel leaks are usually pretty obvious
>(carb float bowls frequently
> leak, so do jet seals),

This used to be a problem, but no more.

 >sometimes the fuel pump
> diaphragm can lead fuel
> into the crankcase, which isn't so obvious.  If your
> trunk (boot) smells
> strongly of gas, there may be a pinhole leak in >the
 fuel tank.

No smell / new tank...

> Of course, check the mixture, valve lash, ignition
> timing.
> Poor carb needle centering can sometimes lead >to
internal carb jet  check the valve
> timing.

Thanks will do all of the above, but first I'll have
to really do an accurate measurement.
It is almost as if I'm loosing fuel overnight when the
car is parked, but I don't see or smell fuel in the garage.

=====
Ciao!
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~mkatzman/TR.html
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/