Re: Vendor report (long and not nice)

To: "Andrew H. Litkowiak" <andylit@voyager.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vendor report (long and not nice)
From: "Adrian" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 23:12:27 +0100
It is very sad when as a UK 'Lister' I read something like this report.
Prestige have been trading a long time and I am suprised at their attitude
and trading principles. I personally would use John Skinner, cost is a
little more but more authentic product.

UK law allows VAT free commercial sales outside the EU but not all vendors
want to do the paperwork.

Shipping and exchange rates are always a bone of contension. Shipping though
can be assessed through the internet if you know where to look.
Royal Mail has a web site www.royalmail.co.uk/calculator
This covers small packets up to a weight limit.
After that parcels are handled by Royal Mail Parcelforce. They can be found
at
http://afis.postoffice.co.uk:8080/Parcelforce/Internet/CustServGuide/CSGPric
eInfoPC.asp

Just in passing while we are discussing UK vendors I would never buy from
Rimmers. Apart from their prices being too expensive, Rimmers regularly
offer free shipping to the US but never to the home market! Beat that.
I prefer TR Shop London www.trshoplondon.co.uk or TRBitz email only
triumph@trbitz.u-net.com TRBitz make particularly good trim parts in house.
Mention my name it may help with my discount level next time I visit.

Regards
Adrian
TR4A CT64306 O