TR4A Starter Upgrade

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4A Starter Upgrade
From: "Adrian" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 22:47:23 +0100
It would seem from the responses I have received that I should forget this
quest and buy one from Ted S.

Fine, but what these suggestions disregard is that I am in UK and the
shipping would be prohibitively expensive. UK vendors are charging crazy
money for these starters (I have seen the equivalent of $450 quoted). There
is nothing wrong with my standard TR4A starter and if there was they are
quite plentiful here in UK. Land Rovers used the same starter well into the
70s.

It seemed a good idea to explore the possibilities of sourcing a reduction
starter from a breakers and adapting one for my own use.

It would appear that vendors protect their source by removing the Hitachi ID
number.

This just me more inquisitive.

Adrian
TR4A CT64306 O