Re: frame sandblasting/painting/powdercoating questions

To: "Dan Buettner" <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: frame sandblasting/painting/powdercoating questions
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 21:10:54 -0400
> Or (Here it comes, Fred!) do I take the whole thing to the one
> industrial powdercoating joint listed in the Yellow Pages here in
> D.M.?  What might I expect that to cost?  Is it even possible to p.c.
> a whole TR3 frame?  Is it advisable?

Dan, just tape off all bolt and screw holes, quite a few of them where the
chassis bolts down to the frame, where your seats attach and so on, the
powder coater knows what to do, I paid 250.00 and he blasted it, still looks
exactly the same 9 years later, Por 15 is a very good product, it's just P/C
will last and look better 15 years down the road. "FT"