TR7 BFH -- suspension tips?

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: TR7 BFH -- suspension tips?
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 20:05:59 EDT
LBC'ers,

I was just reading through a British Leyland dealer technical bulletin, and
found two things that my Bentley manual doesn't mention for the TR7.

The first is that when refitting the front springs, the end of the spring at
the top should face the wheel. (Neither of mine do...)

The other is that when attaching the sway bar to the control arm, you
shouldn't tighten it until the car wheels are back down on the ground.  ( I
just did this, not knowing about this item...)

As I said, the Bentley doesn't mention these two.  I suspect the sway bar
item has to do with making sure you don't tighten it until the control arm is
in its normal position, relative to the wheel, but I don't have a clue about
the spring item.

Can anyone comment on these two items?

Thanks!

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 5-speed convertible
Chapel Hill, NC