Re: Slight Fuel Leak from Carb.

To: "the Hoff's" <info@interfx.com>
Subject: Re: Slight Fuel Leak from Carb.
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 18:08:23 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Todd :

I've never, ever seen it "go away" on it's own.  It only gets worse.

That sounds like a lower jet seal leak, I used to have to replace them
about every 2 years.  Got pretty good at doing it on the car, without
doing a full blown overhaul.  Might as well replace the bowl gaskets
where you're in there, as they'll be leaking next.  Make sure the outer
surface of the jet is shiny smooth, it'll help that seal live longer.
If necessary, you can buff it up.

The 'O-ring' seals from Moss seem to be holding up much better ...

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver