Fixes im working on...

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fixes im working on...
From: "Freeman, Noah" <Noah.Freeman@Bain.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 20:09:40 -0400
Hello all-

Noah the mad TR4 restorer here- last list of questions for a while, I
PROMISE!

-Im going to go buy the giant hex head tonight to get the wheel off.  As per
pooled advice, I will a) screw it IN before screwing it out to unseat the
wheel, b) leave it 1 thread on so I dont brain myself removing the sticky
wheel  c) keep hte old wheel in case I dont like the smaller diameter or
want to go original or theftproof again.

-The car is running hot (almost at the 100 white area unless heater is on).
I am going to a) check the proper temp with a candy thermometer b) check the
thermostat on the stove, c) flush the radiator, d) get the radiator cleaned
out e) install an electric fan...is this the correct order?  Thoughts?

-Oil pressure is low (40 at highway speed when hot)...im oging to a) switch
to heavier oil (20W50 rather than 10W30 which is what is in there currenlty)
b) confirm the pressure with an independent pressure guage, c) I dont know
what...what?

-The car is low in the left front end, and when cornering hard right, the
fender rubs on the tire.  Is using the rubber "tired spring spacers" a
temporary fix?  I imagine hte long term fix is to replace at least that
spring, if not both the front ones...thoughts?

-Rollbar- the moss one I ordered arrived.  Scratched to hell, of course. I
think it was used.  Moss denies this of course.  This one is clearly meant
to install on the back seat area, but it came with no instructions...any
thoughts?  I dont htink htere is any frame near the back seats...im almost
tempted to return it, and either order the TSI one or have my local race guy
make one...thoughts?  ONe problem is that wiht super long legs, I HAVE to
hvae hte seat all the way back, so I cant use floor mount types...

-3 point belts- what do people recomend for a TR4?  WHere do you put the
shoulder mount so it doesnt turn you into a dwarf in an accident?  On the
rollbar?  What is a B post (I know I dont have them on a TR4))...

Thanks again for all the awesome help so far! Charlie looks better every
day!

Amazing what a little wax, washing, and cleaning does...

Noah

This electronic mail transmission contains confidential information
intended only for the person(s) named.  Any use, distribution,
copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited.
If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
by reply e-mail and then destroy the message.  Opinions, conclusions,
business of Bain & Company shall be understood to be neither given
nor endorsed by the Company.  When addressed to Bain clients, any
information contained in this e-mail is subject to the terms and conditions
in the governing client contract.