Re: To restore or not to restore?

To: "Evan Johnstone" <eeesjay@hotmail.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: To restore or not to restore?
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 21:04:01 -0400
Evan:

Job one is to decide what you're going to use the car for. Concourse winner
or just get it running again?
If all you want is a weekend fun car, I'd say start fixing it up. But if
you're looking for a show car, don't waste your time. Sell the car and put
the money toward one that's already been restored. You'll get off a lot
cheaper in time, money and aggravation.
Trust me, I've been there to many times. Unless you enjoy spending every
spare weekend and evening under a car, don't even think about restoring it.

Paul Burr
"I've got the scars (financial and physical) to back up everything in the
above statement!"