RE: TR3a bodywork & paint

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3a bodywork & paint
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 13:41:17 -0400 o m>
Cc: "Dave Doherty \(E-mail\)" <ddoherty@opentext.com>
Well, I have the estimate for the body work and paint.  Here is what it will
include:

- at all of the body mount points 16 gauge steel plate added underneath to
help spread the stress points out over a wider area.
- a reenforcing washer added to all of the fender bolt holes for added
strength.
- body stripped of all bondo and cleaned.
- any weld points are to be "cold-galvanized"
- metal fill-ins where needed and welds.  Figures about 10-12 hours of
labour
- the drivers side floor cleaned up and a replacement panel if needed (
final decision to be made later )
- epoxy primer, someone mentioned that paint is getting more expensive, no
kidding, the primer is $250cdn/gallon!
- the bottom of the body, door jambs, interior, inner fenders and the engine
compartment painted the final colour

I then get the body back and get it fitted to the rolling chassis.  A that
point it will go back to him for final paint and assembly, doors etc.

All this for $3500-4000cdn ( $2320-2649usd ).
Regards

David A. Templeton