Re: Inter-Marque Waving???

To: kmr@pil.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Inter-Marque Waving???
From: GreenBugeye@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 17:34:25 EDT
In a message dated 5/3/01 4:13:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kmr@pil.net
writes:

> Well I couldn't resist today, when the beautiful female driver of a Fiat 124
> threw me a wave as she passed... and well I waved back!  Have I committed a
> horrible sin?

Not in my mind, no.  When I first started riding motorcycles (Honda Nighthawk
750), it was explained to me that you wave at everyone and everyone (except
Harley guys) waves back.  That standard is always a little more relaxed early
in the year, when bikes are more scarce, but by June, Harley guys are only
waving at each other.

Interestingly, though, some of the Jap Harley clones are so good that Harley
guys will wave without realizing what they've done -- I assume they get
demerits if other Harley guys see them doing this.

To me, it's just another version of the Ford/Chevy truck loyalty thing --
just stupid.  You have more in common with a Fiat 124 driver than a Buick
driver, so wave away if you like!

Chris "Enjoy and Relax" Eck
59 Bugeye
59 TR3A