Re: Inter-Marque Waving???

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Inter-Marque Waving???
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 23:35:53 +0100
Hi Kai
We have a big problem over here with marque loyalty, I often pass MG's and
Rovers (the old ones) and others and will wave, the only drivers that will
respond are other Triumph drivers, and often the drivers of Stags and TR's
won't wave either, I used to give them the benefit of the doubt thinking
maybe they didn't recognise my car as a Triumph, but hell if their eyesight
is that bad they should give up driving, you can't get much more obvious
than flashing the lights vigorously as they approach then shoving your hand
out the window and waving. I spotted one driver actually look to his left to
avoid eye contact!
Keep waving at them there is nothing wrong with that, in fact I believe we
all will need to become more interdependent on one another to keep pace with
what the governments will try to do to get / keep us from using our old
cars!

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon