Re: TR4A - POD'd now poor electrical connections

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4A - POD'd now poor electrical connections
From: HAMILTON DOUG <douglasehamilton@home.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 17:49:04 -0600
On the subject of poor electrical connections, a suggestion for those
that want to evict the price of darkness from their cars. Clean all you
connectors down to bright shiny metal and gold plate them you can buy an
inexpensive kit from Caswell Plating
http://www.caswellplating.com/nsindex.htm
to Brush plate all the connectors with gold this will give you a much
more reliable connection at each bullet or screw terminal. Although gold
is a higher resistance conductor than copper your connections will not
deteriorate like a copper connection. That is why most modern electronic
equipment has gold plated terminals on circuit boards and at most
terminal connections. An easy way to improve the reliability of your
LBC. Most electronic supply houses can also supply you with brush type
gold plating kits as well, I use them to repair damaged circuit boards.

Doug Hamilton
60 TR3A TS70001L