more brake repair adventures

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: more brake repair adventures
From: "Richard White" <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 20:55:20 -0500 FILETIME=[46A92E40:01C0D43D]
I'm now working on the brakes on the last corner of my car.

After I got the brake drum off, I found a oily mess.  I assume I need
to replace the an oil seal.  I'm guessing that it is the "Axle tube
oil seal".  Does that sound correct?

Do I have to remove the axle or just the hub to do this?
Where should I look for a hub puller and how much should one cost?

I'm finding that this car repair stuff is a real learning and trying
experience.  I'm learning and I hope it is not too trying on the list's
patience.

Rich White  St. Joseph, IL USA
'63 TR3B TCF587L
That ain't a scrap pile, that is my car!