Re: more brake repair adventures

Subject: Re: more brake repair adventures
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 23:42:48 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Rich :

It's possible that it's the axle oil seal, but unless someone has been
radically overfilling the axle, IMO it's more likely your mess is from
brake fluid leaking from the slave cylinder.

If it is oil from the differential, you'll also want to replace the hub
seal (since it would also have to pass that seal to get from the
differential into the drum).  Unfortunately, replacing it is not for the
faint of heart.  You'll need a hub puller, and the collective wisdom is
that you'd better get a replica of the original Churchill hub puller, or
risk bending the hubs beyond use.  New hubs are just a tad pricey ...

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver