Re: more brake repair adventures

To: "Richard White" <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: more brake repair adventures
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 22:02:50 -0500
At 08:55 PM 5/3/01 -0500, Richard White wrote:

>After I got the brake drum off, I found a oily mess.  I assume I need
>to replace the an oil seal.  I'm guessing that it is the "Axle tube
>oil seal".  Does that sound correct?

Yes.

>Do I have to remove the axle or just the hub to do this?
>Where should I look for a hub puller and how much should one cost?

The axle and hub can be removed as a unit allowing you easy access to the
POS axle tube seal. You can leave the brakes intact as long as you support
the brake backing plate and don't allow it to hang by the brake line. The
axle tube seal is pretty easy to remove and replace. I got to do 2 of them
last year.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58