Herald/Spitfire crossbreeding

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Herald/Spitfire crossbreeding
From: "Kevin B. Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 22:41:30 -0400
Funny John should ask his question on the subject - I am doing something
similar myself! Since I have most of a low-mileage 74 Spitfire in pieces in
the garage, and a rather tired 1147 motor in my Herald, I want to start
swapping parts. Plus Herald parts are a little hard to come by in the
States....

So here come the first questions:

Will a 63 Herald 1147 motor bolt up to a 74 Spit transmission? What about
the driveshaft? And differential? I want to use the Spit tranny and rear
end mostly because I want to use the Spit Speedo and tach as well. Herald
Speedo is quite knackered. Syncro'd first will be nice. Eventually the 1500
motor is going in too.

Kevin Rhodes
Portland, Maine
Freddy the Spit