re: trailing arm bushings

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: trailing arm bushings
From: Rob Pennington <robp@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 14:35:45 -0500
I've done it twice on my TR6.  The first time I took the trailing arms off
and put new rubber bushings in.  It took some effort to get the old ones
out, clean out the holes and put the new ones in.  The second time was a
few months later when I replaced the rubber bushings with nylatron bushings
and did it with the arms still on the car.  It wasn't too hard because I
had done it recently and remembered what I was doing and the bushings had
not been in very long and came out easily.  I would recommend taking them
off if you haven't done it before.

Also, I've tried the C-clamp and a threaded rod that goes through the
sockets and bushing.  The threaded rod worked much better.  Be sure to use
soap to lube the bushing going in.

Rob
74 TR6 daily driver, lots of bug splats this time of year