Re: trailing arm bushings

To: macleodr@nbnet.nb.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: trailing arm bushings
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 07:40:04 EDT
In a message dated 01-05-08 21:31:25 EDT, macleodr@nbnet.nb.ca writes:

<< Can the trailing arm bushings be removed by lowering the front of the arms
 out of the brackets leaving everything else attached to them and pressing
 them out on the car >>

Rod,

I guess you could attempt it if you get enough clearance for the trailing arm
to drop down and clear of the chassis (I never did it this way on the TR6 or
the Spit front bushings).  But, if the bushings are really stubborn, which
they probably will be, setting them ablaze with a torch to soften the rubber
for removal (another trick I learned from the pro's) might be a little risky
in the confined spaces of your wheel well!

Then there's the matter of fitting the new bushings in which I found easiest
to do using the "two sockets & a vice" press fit method.....that's going to
be a little tough to do with the arm on the car!

Chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (complete rolling chassis finished - busy painting various
interior parts, assembling the engine and still doing body prep - check out
my progress by visiting http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1270980)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (winter covers off - she's on the road again!)