Re: No Oil Pressure - 74 TR6

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No Oil Pressure - 74 TR6
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 22:40:34 +0100
Hi Jim
Sorry to hear your plight, one thing I would suggest is to try priming the
oil pump, I seem to recall this can be done by removing the dizzy and
pouring oil down the hole, not certain on this having never done it, any one
else care to fill us in on this one!
One thing to reduce the risk of damage, don't run the engine again until you
are showing oil pressure, you should be able to extinguish the light with
the plugs remove and cranking it on the starter. It is also more important
now than ever not to press the clutch pedal when cranking, we know we
shouldn't do it, we should select neutral, but we often do!
Good luck

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon