1960 TR3A clutch

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 1960 TR3A clutch
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 18:07:22 EDT
Folks, here is an e-mail I received.  The only thing to add is that he has
checked the hose between the MC and slave and says it is OK.  Anyone help
him?  Thanks.

Art Kelly '64 TR4

-

-------------------------
From: golface@mediaone.net

Art, I read your story about your clutch flex line and I am wondering if I
have the same problem. I replaced the clutch,pressure plate and throw out
bearing.I am useing DOT5 fluid and I cannot get into 1st or reverse without
grinding the gears(a gut wrenching feeling) . I have to pump the clutch 3 or
4 times in order to get into 1st or reverse.I have bleed the system at least
5 or 6 times,using three different methods. I don't think there is air in the
line now and I have the slave rod connected to the middle hole on the clutch
lever. The only thing I can think of now is to replace the flex line although
I did not have this problem before replacing the clutch. What do you think?

Need Help,
Richard