Spit door caps

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spit door caps
From: aribert <aribert@c3net.net>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 05:43:05 -0400
I vinyl wrapped both the dash top and door tops on my Spit bodied GT6.
Prior to wrapping the vinyl, I applied a thin layer (approx. 1/16 in.
thick) of foam (had a pre-applied adhesive/tear off release paper) on
the existing dash top and to the tops of the doors.  On the edges of the
door tops I folded the vinyl over on its self (approx. 0.5 in wide -
foam was cut 1 in shorter in length to accommodate the folded over
vinyl).  The results look stock with grain and color match between the
door tops and the dash pad and it has a soft touch.