RE: new to list and TR6 engine problem

To: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Subject: RE: new to list and TR6 engine problem
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 13:31:30 -0400
Cc: "'Alan J. Harris'" <ajharris1@home.com>, "'David Massey'" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "'[unknown]'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Jim Altman"
>I still think its his valves are misadjusted. BTDT.

What? too tight?  Never been there.  That's a new one on me.

>If the retard is disconnected the carb end of the port must be plugged to
>prevent the vacuum leak.  The 69 had the funky banjo connector from the
>manifold to the bypass valves and the front one then went underneath the
>linkage to a valve that opened to the retard port on the dizzy when the
>carbs were at idle.

Usually the ports in the carb are very small and the vacuum leak is barely
noticable but it is still a good idea to plug it up.  The port may get
clogged with dirt and render it useless in the event you care to reconnect
the retard module.

I bought one of those valves once.  Thought I needed it (but not on a 71).
I recently sent it off to Germany to someone who did.

If you think all these configuration changes are confusing, a car parts
counter man once told me that Ford would change emissions controls midyear
during the 70's. ;-)

Dave