Re: new to list and TR6 engine problem

To: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>, "'triumphs@autox. team. net' \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: new to list and TR6 engine problem
From: "Alan J. Harris" <ajharris1@home.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 09:55:21 -0500
Just finished my 10 miles test drive after adjusting valve clearances. No
more engine killing upon deccelerating, and the engine sounded great.
 EVERY Valve clearance was too tight!!!
I have a little valve tap when I accelerate now, so they made need some more
adjustment. But I have renewed enthusiasm.

Thanks Jim and David.

One last question.  I installed an electric fuel pump and pressure
regulator.  What setting should the regulator be set at?  It's a Purolator
type I picked up at Discount Auto that adjusts in 1/2 increments from 1 to
5.

thanks again,
Al