Re: TR250 camshaft (sorry for dupes, trying put into plaintext mode)

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR250 camshaft (sorry for dupes, trying put into plaintext mode)
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 23:51:31 +0100
Cc: "David Brady" <dmb993@earthlink.net>
Hi Dave
It may appear to be the easiest way out and can definitely be done, but it
is a hell of a job even if you have a ramp or pit, for what it takes I would
lift the engine and do the job on the bench. You really need to make sure
you have all that nasty swarf out of the whole engine not easy to achieve
from under the car,and you can't change the rear seal which could have been
affected by the swarf, it made it to the bearings didn't it, also if you
already have the head off the best part of the disconnecting process is
complete, all you got left is the bell housing and the engine mounts, and
maybe remove the rad for more room.
Remember what looks like the quick and easy route will often take longer and
be harder!

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon