Re: what original color for the TR3 hood sticks? (top bows)

To: fwildi@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: what original color for the TR3 hood sticks? (top bows)
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 11:44:41 EDT
In a message dated 5/20/2001 4:28:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
fwildi@yahoo.com writes:

> I want to scrape the multiple layer of paint on my TR3B top bows and
> give it a new coat of paint. As I loaned my 'original TR3' book I
> would like to know from the list what color I should paint it.
> How should the webbing plates be? painted or nickel?
> Thanks in advance
>
>From what I've seen, most of the very late cars, particularly the TR3B
models, had the "sandlewood" beige top bows. (Before that, probably at least
through 1960 or so, the top bows usually matched the body color.) And all
original top bow sets I've ever seen had plated webbing plates, NOT painted.

--Andy

Andrew Mace, President, The Vintage Triumph Register
<www.vtr.org>