Re: TR7BFH Inner Ball Joint installation

To: Lee Daniels <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Subject: Re: TR7BFH Inner Ball Joint installation
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 10:36:20 -0700
Cc: eganb@aol.com, british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Lee,
While I would agree with this in theory, it would appear that in actual
practice it would not work and would still require a proper front end
alignment.  The reason is that if there is slop in the rack, the wheels would
not be consistently spaced to start with.  Marking the wall would assume
that you were marking it at a point that the toe-in was correct.  But you don't
know that until you put it on the alignment rack.  So rather than
waste money on laser pointers and a lot of time in the process, just eyeball it
and then take it to the alignment shop!

Joe