Re: Tonneau questions

To: "Arakelian, Peter" <arakelianp@mossmotors.com>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tonneau questions
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 13:46:23 -0600
"Arakelian, Peter" wrote:

> ... I have had my car outside in heavy rain with just the tonneau and it has
> kept all the rain out. In fact it may be drier than with the top up!

And when caught in a bit of rain as I was on the drive home yesterday, you can
put on 2/3's of a tonneau cover while waiting at a stoplight and keep most of
the
car dry -- whereas driving with a cockpit cover on is a bit hazardous.

Then again, I put on my black tonneau to protect the interior from the sun
during
the day, but I wonder if the heat is harder on the car than the sun? And it's a
hot drive home for the first 10 minutes. I can appreciate the white tonneau
listed on the Heritage build sheet -- though I haven't acquired a taste for the
original white top. ;-)

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO