TR6 - Interior material question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 - Interior material question
From: Richard.R.Olson@tc.faa.gov (Richard R Olson)
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 11:53:24 -0400
Listers,

Okay, I finally received my long awaited shipment from Prestige Auto
Trim.

My order was for: interior panels, leather seats, carpet and
underlayment, mohair top and top boot.  A full vendor report will be
posted shortly.

My question:  Does anyone have a sure fire method to determine if
material is leather or vinyl?
Sounds kinda' strange, but I ordered the LEATHER seats, but the
material that was supplied is identical to the VINYL supplied for the
interior panel kit.  Same texture, stretch, cloth backing, smell, color.

I do not think the seat material is leather, but do not have anything
to compare against.

Please copy to my email address as I am in digest mode and cannot read
the digests from my current location.

Thanks,
Rick Olson
'72 TR6 - awaiting paint and interior