Re: Seat belt Parking Devices

To: Cliff Davies <cdavies@holzher.com>
Subject: Re: Seat belt Parking Devices
From: bob <rmf3860@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 18:12:21 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Cliff:

Congratulations on locating a set of seat belt parkers!

My 75 TR6 was always missing one. I refused (on principle) to pay what
some "enthusiasts" were asking for them. Instead, I just waited and I
finally got one while at Carlisle a couple of weeks ago at a fair price.

As to your question, based on all the ones I've seen and the location of
the one that was installed in my car, the parker goes on the rocker
panel. I just measured mine and found it to be approximately 16 inches
from the A post, measured from the vertical flat portion of the pillar.
You will note that the flared sides of the parker conform to the curve
of the rocker (over which you have carpeting) very nicely. I recommend
you prop the seat up or remove it so you have enough room to pre drill
and fasten the self tapping screws without risking breaking the ears off
of them. Use a washer to spread the weight of the screw over the ear of
the parker. Don't over tighten, or you'll snap the ears off.

Placing the parkers in this location works very well. My inertial reel
belts don't retract entirely into the housing, even if you fiddle and
fuss with them. Parking them in these devices, however, takes up all the
slack and they are conveniently available to the driver and passenger.

Hope this wasn't too long winded, but I seldom get a chance to
reciprocate all the help the list has given me.

Good luck.

Bob Fabie
Fredericksburg, Va