Re: The Ultimate Compliment?

To: <GreenBugeye@aol.com>, <cartr4a@ameritech.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Ultimate Compliment?
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 00:31:23 -0400
> This reminds me of the time I was visiting (i.e.: standing around drinking
> beer and talking cars) with a friend who has several old Corvettes.  A
> vanload of teenage girls came by, a window was rolled down and a voice
> squeaked out, "We love your car!"  My in-need-of-attention 59 BRG Bugeye
> Sprite was sitting next to his pristine 64 blue on white Vette
convertible.
> We exchanged glances briefly, then he shouted, "Which one?"
>
> In unison, several teenage girls shouted back, "The greeeeeen one!"

My 16 year old niece, on the night I trailered home my 64 Herald, in ugly
dilapidated BRG, not running, with only half an interior, jumped immediately
in, and stated she wanted my "new" car, and that I should find another one!
Now, every time she stops by, she reminds me she wants one, and has even
gone so far as to check the internet for Triumphs for sale! I just hope the
slightly older (24-28 year old) women like the car as much when it is
finished, and running around!

Scott