Re: The Ultimate Compliment?

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Ultimate Compliment?
From: "TAYLOR,KEITH M (HP-Corvallis,ex1)" <keith_m_taylor@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 12:30:26 -0700
mjb wrote:
---
It was *amazing* how the women in the group were pulled by some unknown and
powerful force to the Herald. A bit later I was talking to one of the female
friends about it, and she pointed to the Corvette ragtop and said something
like "a guy driving a car like that is making up for some sort of
shortcoming." She turned to the Herald and said "A guy driving a car like
that has *nothing* to compensate for"
---

This reminds me of a Mini commercial that was made part of an American TV
show called "The World's Sexiest Commercials" or something like that.

The context is a game show. There is a line of nude men on a stage each with
a curtain covering his privates. The contestants (all women) are required to
guess the car associated with each gentleman when his curtain is opened. The
game proceeds down the line with the women guessing correctly: Ferrari
Testarossa, Volvo Estate, etc. Note that the TV audience doesn't actually
see behind the curtain. When they pull the curtain on the last guy you hear
the audience gasp and see shocked faces. The video switches to a screen with
the Mini logo and the announcer saying something about the car for the guy
with nothing to prove.

Trust me, the commercial was a lot better than the way I tell it.

-Keith

-----
Keith M. Taylor            keith_m_taylor@hp.com
<mailto:keith_m_taylor@hp.com>