Re: TR4 (early): radiator duct (air deflector) project

To: steven@cravetechnology.com
Subject: Re: TR4 (early): radiator duct (air deflector) project
From: tr6nut@telocity.com
Date: 31 May 2001 15:35:40 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Steven,

I made one for my TR6 out of 1/8" black ABS plastic,  1x1 aluminum stock, and
"pop" rivets.  I got the ABS sheet from a plastic supply house (TAP plastic in
San Jose, http://www.tapplastics.com )and the aluminum stock and pop rivets
from Home Depot.  I used the old "fibreboard" AKA cardboard shroud as a
template.  Tools required were pop riveter, hacksaw, file,sandpaper, and fine
tooth hand saw (I tried using a power sabre saw, but it generated too much heat
and melted the ABS).  I cut the plastic pieces slightly large and used files
and sandpaper to trim to size and dress the edges.  I think it looks really
nice, it lasts pretty much forever and my outlay was about $25.

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6