Re: TR6 spin-on filter adapters?

To: "INTERNET:SHOMWAY@aol.com" <SHOMWAY@aol.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 spin-on filter adapters?
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 14:06:49 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <nosimport@mailbag.com>, "[unknown]" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:SHOMWAY@aol.com
>Now that we are back on the subject of spin-on oil filters again i was
wondering if there is a prefered direction the filter should be
in.....filter
pointing parallel with the ground aimed towards the rear of the car,
parallel
with the ground pointing towards the front of the car, or with the filter
pointing up? When i had my 69 MGC the oil filter was the canister type that

was located in the upper engine compartment and it was pointing up...thus
making for a mess when changing but made servicing real easy.
Any help on this is appreciated.
<

Gordie,

I oriented mine as close to verticle as I could get it and still clear the
master cylinder (I had to angle it forward a little bit).  In this
orientation the filter doesn't drain (although it may have an
anti-drain-valve in it anyway, but I don't know)

Dave