Re: Rt 70

To: Pat Fischer <pfischer@unicom.net>
Subject: Re: Rt 70
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 09:26:26 -0400
Cc: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Message text written by Pat Fischer
>You must be thinking of the construction on I-70 in Kansas, Joe. They
don't do repairs in Missouri. Missourians can't quite figure out how other
states fund these darn things, but they say they're looking into it.
<

Missouri is hamstrung by the Hancock Amendment that arbitrarialy limits tax
revenues and hence funds available for road repairs.  Add to this equation
the fact that half the cross country traffic passes through Missouri,
busting up our roads, without stopping to buy gasoline.

Dave (next time try I-80) Massey