Re: One more thing

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: One more thing
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 09:48:14 -0400
Cc: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Joe Curry
>Just one more point in support of Pertronix!  Install the Ignitor and keep
a set of points and condenser in your trunk in case it craps out, since the
Pertronix requires no alteration in the distributor like the Crane does!
<

The Crane requires no alteration to the breaker plate of a TR6.  It is only
the earlier distributors with the point pivot post swaged in that must be
modified.

Speaking of reliability: one important part of the breaker point ignition
system is the condensor whic can also fial suddenly and catastrophically
leaving one stranded. Ask me how I know.

Dave